Monday, October 27, 2008

Pumpkin Carving 2008

So, just like my picture in the last post, the wife seems to be the one to start this activity. Here, Lyndsay is starting the carving and emptying out of the pumpkin while Kyle and Bella oversee. I don't know if Bella is worried that Mommy might hurt herself, or afraid that the pumpkin will cry out in pain. Still, she was having nothing to do with the preparation of the Jack-O-Lantern.

Once it was finished, though, she didn't mind touching it. She's checking out the delicately carved eye hole here. Kyle designed the Jack-O-Lantern. Quite the artist, huh? Compare that to the one Kathie designed in the previous post.

Finally, we got the end result out front. Kendall would rather watch her sister than look at a cut-open vegetable sitting on the ground.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had to type icabou as my word verification, that sounds like Icabod which made me think of Halloween. This allows me to relate to your post. Nice Jack-O-Lanterns!!!

Unknown said...

I had to type auxidst. This made me think of auxiliary daylight savings time.
Bella does look very concerned in that first picture. Maybe Lyndsay isn't carving a pumpkin at all but just jabbing a knife into their table. You never know.