Saturday, October 18, 2008

It's Hot as Hell in Philadelphia

Someone ought to open up a window. (At least, that's what they said in 1776)

OK, you're right. On the whole, I'd rather NOT be in Philadelphia, and it's not really that hot here anymore. However, since our A/C went out, it is certainly hotter inside than it is outside. The A/C dude cannot get to the company for a warranty fix until Monday. The blower motor bearings went out.

So, we are vacationing at DEW Spa and Resort in south Tempe, AZ. A nice, large 3 bedroom, 3-1/2 bath place, with a large backyard and pool. It is 63 degrees right now. Lovely. And so far, they have not asked us to pay a cent. Cool, huh?

Here's a shot of a place all you people that have lived in or visited London will know. Yes, Westminster Abbey. The largely unknown place mentioned in the very famous song, England Swings (Like a Pendulum Do).

We're going to try for the early service today, so I'll let you go. Have a great Sunday.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

How far in advance is DEWSAR Tempe reserved?
I think you missed your early service if you posted at 6:47 last night.

Zachary said...

Wow, I don't even know if I want to tell y'all that I had to read this post two days after the first time I read it before I realized what the heck the DEW spa and resort was. I was even more confused by Caleb's interest in the booking scheme!! Sometimes it's hard being slow!

The Grandparents said...

Rates are going up effective 10/24/08.

Anonymous said...

Going up!?!
Are my coupons still valid?
DKW, Pahrump