Saturday, February 02, 2008

Look to the Left

Hey, look left! Right now!

Do you see it? You can get an email when I update my blog. If everyone can add this code to their blog, we can always know when someone updates. Jump over to feedburner.com to sign up and get the code to add it to your page. In the middle of the page is a blank asking you to enter your URL there. Just enter your address (like unclerwalker.blogspot.com) and it'll sign you up and give your the HTML to show the link. Also, click on it on my page and sign up. Free yourself from the drudgery of constantly checking my page. I hope it actually works.

9 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Are you sure about email notification? The things listed on the sign-up page are RSS readers. I've never used one that sends out email when new content is posted. I'd like to hear here from anyone who actually gets email because I would much prefer that over having to check manually.

CrazyUncle said...

Well, here's what it says on the feedburner Email Overview and FAQ page:

What is FeedBurner Email?
FeedBurner email is a service that allows publishers to deliver their feed content to subscribers via email.
Easy-to-read, plain text or HTML email containing the latest posts.

Craig Weeks said...

Ok, well, I think something is wrong. When I click on that link it takes me to a page that does not ask me for an email address like this example from Feedburner

Craig Weeks said...

Boy, I hate the way comments don't underline hyperlinks. Click on the word example in my comment above to see the example I'm talking about.

CrazyUncle said...

You are correct, my friend. I didn't post the right code. I fixed it. Now, all y'all WEBNET members go and create your own.

Craig Weeks said...

Ok, great. The subscription part worked. Breathlessly awaiting the first email notification. But, no pressure.

Craig Weeks said...

Hey, do you know what the From: field will look like in the notification email? I'd like to put it on the approved list in advance.

Lindsay Ward said...

ok, I subscribed and added it to my blog just for you. Now we just need those individuals that don't update very often to add it to theirs so we don't have to use so many extranous clicks.

Anonymous said...

You can subscribe to my blog now and save yourself the hassle of checking to see if I updated. You're welcome! Now if we could just get some others to update (right!)