Sunday, December 02, 2007

Christmas Thought

Most of my loyal readers are employed, and that's a good thing. It implies, for most of you, that when you go back after the holiday, everyone will want to catch up. The most common question will be "Hey, how was your Christmas?"

What I want you to think about is how you answer that. Against what will you measure? How many presents? The quality of those gifts? Which football teams won? How many family members were able to get together? The fact that you did not get the flu? The fact that you did not have to work for a few days?

You can guess where I am leading? How do we measure the value of the Christmas season without Christ? And how would we explain that at work? I hope it is a great time for each of you, and that we all remember the reason for the season.

OK, enough of that. How about a photo of our session yesterday with Santa and Isabella? She was not as sociable as last year. As a result, Kyle ended up in the pictures, too.

4 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

What a great dictionary illustration we have here.

menacing: threatening. Though only 28 pounds she gave her adversary a menacing look that neutralized the threat. (see photo)

Mommakeller said...

Hi Randy,
You're such a good writer, why don't you write a book and get it published?

We're still enjoying being back in the states! Just got back from Orlando where we visited Kristin. Off to Portland on the 19th to pick up Jeff and my cat Belle. He has been cat-sitting for a couple years. Linda

Katie80 said...

I'm not employed!! Wait, I'm not happy about it either.
Kyle looks less than sociable himself! :)

CrazyUncle said...

Linda, I appreciate your support, but this is all I can write. After that, I run out of brain cells. Hey, I want to go to Portland and Orlando. Why won't my kids move away to cool places?

Katie, you are right. It is not Kyle's best photo, but Bella's expression was too cute to pass this up.