Thursday, March 09, 2006

Finally, I'm Coming Out!

Yup. It came out yesterday as to which groups I will be in charge of. Finally! So, I will be setting up a group meeting early next week. Now I can begin to really ask the tough questions and inspect the project documentation. Tomorrow's tough question will be "How do you spell Albuquerque"?

So, now the guy whose has been helping me has begun to pass on all the open issues and upcoming problems. Dirty dog. No, he is really a super nice guy. He leads a Young Life group for mentally challenged kids and spends his summer vacation in camps with them. He told me which church he attends, but I cannot remember. He has offered to retain a couple of smaller efforts to help me get established on the others.

Well, Mom and Dad looked for a songbook I wanted to use in our Easter musical, but no luck. Just as well, I might be asking for this choir to learn too many songs all at once. So, I'll take it back to only 7 songs.

They voted the astronaut out on Survivor. Regretable, but I think I agree he was the right choice from a game strategy standpoint. Why couldn't the team with "whiny guy"(tm) have lost the challenge and voted him out? Where is the justice in this game?

We are kind of hoping that Lyndsay delivers early while Kyle is free on Spring Break next week. That way, he can be there without missing school. And then, my beautiful wife and I will be grandparents.

Caleb, I bet there is someone who enjoys reading my posts, also. No, I meant besides myself!

All who saw the pictures from the Haiti trip. Take a look at Keith in the first few. It looks like he is trying to sneak up on the photographer. Really. Check out his body position and hands. He scares me, that's for sure.

160 since last rain in PHX. That may end this weekend. We hope so. Fewer allergies, lower fire danger, raise lake levels, don't have to wash my car.

3 comments:

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

We enjoy reading your blog! Sounds like works are going well, and we are praying for Kyle and Lyndsey!

SuzieQ said...

Actually, here at work they sent out a safety notice for the impending rain which suggested you do wash your car, well the windshield anyway. They say 142 days...why do yo usay 160? Can you please site your references??

Okay here is the information for any of you crazy people who have forgotten how to drive in Arizona when it rains:

Check your windshield wipers
They could be dried out, cracked or separating (don’t wait until you need them). Also wash the dust off your windshield. You don’t want mud on your windshield when the rain first starts.

Allow plenty of time to get to your destination. People forget how to drive in the rain, especially after 142 days. Everyone drives slower (which is a good thing)

Allow plenty of space and time to stop. There’s a film of grease and oil that has built up on the road surface over this period of no rain. It will rise to the surface of the rain water and cause extreme slickness. Also your car will have a tendency to hydroplane (ride on top of the water) especially at higher speeds.

Check your tire tread depth.
Good tread depth can give you better control on wet roads because the water is channeled away from the gripping surface of your tire.

Watch your speed around curves and corners. You may have a tendency to skid or fishtail (backend slides sideways) - (Lidia...this one is for you :) )

Brenda Walker said...

Y'all want rain and I'm wishing it would warm up and dry out so I could ride my bike!