Saturday, December 31, 2005

Here's To A New Year

Well, I am sorry that the memory of both my kids getting married during 2005 is tempered by my loss of a job. Yup, I just passed 6 months of unemployment. I am hoping the new year will find me employed, a proud grandfather, and supportive father-in-law. And of course, I am always thankful for Kathie, who stands beside me through thick and thin.

Christmas was fairly quiet. We celebrated with Kyle and Lyndsay on the 23rd, and with the folks and Carey and family on Christmas day.

We are heading up to Flagstaff for New Year's Day with Kyle and his in-laws. So, tonight, we will watch the Pine Cone Drop in downtown Flagstaff. I bet you are jealous, huh? Well, this is our first time after living in AZ for 22 years.

Why haven't I been more regular about updating the blog? I wonder that, also. That implies that I don't check yours often, either. Also true. Weird.

We did go see Chronicles of Narnia and really liked it. Wow, special effects get better every year.

Nothing looming on the horizon for jobs right now. I need to focus on knowing God so that, like Paul, I can be content in whatever state I find myself. So, keep praying.

Happy New Year to one and all.

No comments: