Saturday, November 05, 2005

Zip...Nothing..Nada

Some of you probably thought I was describing the wasteland between my ears. No, I am talking about job results so far. So, I figured you didn't need a post saying nothing and so I said nothing, but ZKW reminded me that the rest of you cannot hear the nothing that I hear, so I will write it. Well, you probably already guessed my news from a prior post, huh?

No, it is not that my first grandchild is a girl, although that is plenty exciting. Like father, like son, right? It is that I applied to a local Baptist church for their open Music Minister position. I held off on telling y'all thinking I would know something by now. Nope. Same nothing I am hearing from the secular job applications. All we know is that their search commitee has my information.

I went to a retirement party Thursday night for the guy that hired me at Motorola in 1983. There were some contacts there that are my next followups for the job search. I am not holding my breath. Who would have thought I'd still be searching after 5 months. I have begun expanding my search outside of PHX.

OK, I am rambling. That means it is time to sign off. Y'all keep praying. We certainly are.

3 comments:

Brenda Walker said...

Thanks for the update, I am glad to hear something, or nothing as it may be. We will continue to pray! Hold on to the faith as it becomes harder and harder to do so. I am thankful for your example to all of us in this situation, although I still wish you did not have to deal with these struggles!

Auntie Eisel said...

Well, don't know exactly what to say,.... I'm sure prayer is just the best thing! I hope things start to look up here pretty soon.

Mimi and Poppy said...

We are still praying and know that you will not go hungry! About the search committee. Being on one myself right now I can tell you this: Just because you have not heard from them does not mean you are out of the running. See, it could possibly be that they only meet on Wednesday night and that causes them to move very slowly. Then they also might have several people they are considering and need to see all of you in action. Hang in there. You might be in the #1 pile. That is a good place to be in our committee.
Congrats on the granddaughter! All that they've told me about grandchildren is correct. I can hardly wait to see him again the minute I leave!