Sunday, November 27, 2005

The Goose Is Getting Fat

Christmas is coming. We started decorating the house tonight. A house without kids in it for the first time in 24 years. Weird. Still, getting the house fixed up puts us in a Christmas mood, and that's always nice.

Tomorrow, I will call back the only two companies talking to me. Still, as many of you have counseled me, God *is* in control. I know I need to stay focused on Him and not worrying about where or when I will work again.

Zoolights was nice, even if we did have dueling photographers. I found there are some nice features the other guy has that I don't, and vice versa. We did see a lot of the same shots. And it was fun having all 4 of my kids here for a little while. Who knows when I'll see them again (at least the TX ones)?

8 comments:

Caleb said...

Is TX kind of a special title? Like: Coming this Spring "CALEB TX!!!!!!" I'm looking forward to setting up for Christmas.

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Uncle Randy, we are praying for you and your job opportunities. I know it is so hard to trust, making sure that I are seeking the heart of God, not my own wishes. What starts scaring me about faith is, What is God's plan isn't mine? We'll keep praying that God will make your heart like His, and His excellent plans yours! Love you and Merry Christmas!

Auntie Eisel said...

I'm glad you're feeling in the Christmas mood. I wish it felt more like Christmas here. I guess we just have to tell ourselves that it will be fun even if we aren't in Redding.
We are praying about the job. Keep trusting God!

Caleb said...

I'll give you a whole Snickers and I'll find you a pack of Survivor Trading Cards if you find that guy and tell him that I'll give him five bucks for it.

Anonymous said...

Have you looked in to being a professional Elvis impersonator?

Lindsay Ward said...

Did you actually look at the smores ornaments on the link on my blog?? Because there really is a smores nativity set.

Mimi and Poppy said...

We are continuing to pray for you and Kathie and the job thing. I'm glad you are substituting and am sure that you are great at it. I wish Ben could have you!
I really can't imagine how difficult these past months have been. I might have already said this but here's what I'm thinking now, so I'll say it again.
Joshua 1 -- God's words to Joshua: Be strong and courageous in the situation I've placed you and in the task I've set before you because I am with you and will never fail or forsake you. Be strong and courageous in this situation being careful to do everything according to My Word. Meditate on it day and night. Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.
Of course you know that -- but God's Word and His promises are sure and it always helps to "waller" in them. Love to you and Kathie.

Anonymous said...

Hail to the King. Not him, but Him.