Monday, January 02, 2017

It's Next Year

Has anyone noticed that I haven't been posting new posts as frequently? My new job really limits access to the site during the day, so I have to write it the night before. The challenge there is that MBH and I share this one computer, and we are fitting in dinner and some TV, so I just don't have much time for it. Also, I haven't found a lot of new content in recent months. I just wanted you to know that I am still here.

Let's talk about 2016, OK? Daughter-in-love lost her maternal grandfather this past year, and he was a long-time family friend of ours since the 1980's. He was ready to go Home and be forever with his Savior and his wife. I know that he is (more than) happy and no longer in pain. We miss him, but PTL for our time with him.

MBH (My Better Half) is learning how to deal with diabetes. She had suspected her symptoms meant diabetes, and we are now learning how to better eat and exercise to manage her blood sugars.

I am in a new job and I know the Lord led me to it. I am only a contractor, but that's OK. Who knows where it could lead.

FAD (Future Accountant Daughter) is really enjoying her job in the payroll area of a nearby city. She finishes her degree next summer.

SS and family are all doing well. We just returned from a trip to Universal Studios with them and had a great time. It is totally different from my last visit long ago. The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is amazing. Simpson's Land is very clever. The Backstage Tour has changed a lot.

Now, let's talk about the unbelievably sad passing of both Carrie Fisher and her mother, Debbie Reynolds, just one day apart. Can you imagine how sad the family is right now? I cannot.

From the 2016 Things That Look Like a Face file:



















From the 2016 Animals But Mainly Cats Puns file:



















From the Improbable Santa file, here is Liam Neeson trying out to be a mall Santa.

That is enough for today. Welcome to 2017, my friends.

No comments: