Friday, December 09, 2016

Who'd'a Thunk It?

It wasn't "only a cough", as I claimed yesterday. It is bronchitis and now, I am on medicine. Hopefully, it means that I can sing Sunday night. Even if I cannot, I will stand with the choir (unless my cough is still bad), and I will lead my small group as we sing "Silent Night."

Have you ever heard of a giraffe dog? No, me neither, but....


















NLTD just pointed me to a great video of Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer done to the Hamilton soundtrack called Hamildolph. Eclipse 6 did a great job with it.

I found another funny screenshot from Family Feud with Richard Karn. Well, I am assuming they are correct transcriptions from the show.



















Here's something I learned today from one of the tech-y sites I frequent.
A Backronym (short for Backward Acronym) is a type of acronym that is created by choosing a “set” of letters, then a name/title (multi-word term) that fits the letters. An example is NASA’s naming its ISS treadmill C.O.L.B.E.R.T. (Combined Operational Load-Bearing External Resistance Treadmill) after comedian Stephen Colbert.

This is an example of the type of roads we usually take in the backcountry of Southwest Colorado. Looks fun, doesn't it? Yeah, it is. You can see one of our Jeeps up ahead of me.



















I am embarrassed to tell you about what a horrible driver Preacher Bro is. So, instead, I will show you. Look, his better half is trying to escape through the roof. I think I heard her saying, "Let me out or I'll smack you!" You can even see her raising her hand.













Is it Friday already? I hope that you understand when I don't have time to write a new blog post. Sometimes, I have personal things I want to share. Sometimes, I find web stuff to share. Sometimes, though, I just don't have enough content, or maybe I don't have enough time. Trust me, people, I will warn you if I ever decide to end the blog. Today is not that day. See you next week.

1 comment:

Keith said...

You should at least provide some sort of disclaimer with your posts. Something today like: "The subjects of picture number four vigorously deny the accuracy of the corresponding dialogue. They are still happily married. Additionally, they forgive the author of this blog post for his gross misrepresentations of reality because they are merciful and gracious."