Monday, January 09, 2017

Some Stuff For You , And Some Stuff (Hopefully) For Me

Have you ever heard of the Andy Griffith Show? It ran through the 1960s and starred... Andy Griffith. I'm not going to really talk about it except to share the following. I just learned that they filmed at least 2 Star Trek episodes on the Mayberry sets. When Star Trek first debuted, the show was so underfunded that the set of Mayberry was used to film several different scenes. You can see Mayberry in the episodes “Miri” and “City on the Edge of Forever.” You can actually see Floyd’s Barber Shop in the background of scenes where Captain Kirk is walking with Edith Keeler. Also visible are the Mayberry Courthouse, Walkers Drugstore, and several other major landmarks.










Have you been wondering how the population of states has changed over the last year? Here you go.

















From the "Well, he is a lord" file: A Brazilian grandmother has been praying to a figurine from Lord of the Rings for years without realizing. The woman thought she was praying to Saint Anthony but it turns out the figure was Elrond, Lord of Rivendell. On closer inspection, she said Saint Anthony wasn't what he seemed. The pointy ears may have given the game away. Now that this has been discovered (and gone viral), she's got a new figure and this time it's the real deal.











I need some help from those of you that frequent this blog. As you may remember from earlier this year, I have started a new blog to help us capture family memories. Not just those involving Dad and his progeny, but any from the O.F. Walker family. So, I need to know how to reach out to all of our cousins, aunts, uncles, kids, etc. You can email me, text me, call me, just let me know which contacts you have and I will  reach out. Thanks.

Is it true that we have been cutting cakes wrong forever? This video shares a method that will keep the exposed surfaces to a minimum to reduce drying. Watch it and see if you will try this way to cut your cake.

Hey, I know it is short and sweet, but at least I got around to posting something. Count your blessings (either because you haven't had to read many posts this year, or because I finally shared another one). Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: