Tuesday, December 06, 2016

Take a deep breath. Did you get enough oxygen? I think that I did

I had my biannual cardiac stress test and they said I made it 10.75 minutes (compared to just over 9.5 minutes two years ago). And based on that, it seems that my VO2Max (a measure of a person's aerobic fitness) is just over 37. So what, right? According to charts, that is in the Good range. What does this mean? Is a higher number “good”? All else being equal, a higher VO2 max is a good thing: it means that your body can take in more oxygen and deliver it to your muscles, enabling you to run faster for a given effort (not that I run). Still, it does imply I am doing OK right now.

How are you feeling now that Donald Trump is the president-elect? I know that he hasn't taken office yet, but at least the stock market is doing well. What about his cabinet selections? Are you pleased with them? They seem OK to me, and I hope that he actually listens to them. Madonna feels like women gave up on Hillary. She said “A lot of it has do with jealousy and some sort of tribal inability to accept that one of their kind could lead a nation. Other people just didn't bother to vote because they didn't like either candidate, or they didn't think Trump had a chance in the world. They took their hands off the wheel and then the car crashed."

Here's looking at you. kid.
















OK, cat lovers. Where's the cat?















Downtown Ouray this fall.















Here is a view of the town from the road south of town.













In case you gave up, here is the cat.















And I don't know about you, but I am ready to get Tuesday underway. See you on the other side of today.

No comments: