Monday, December 05, 2016

Nothing to Worry About

Somehow, I've been busy at nights and have not taken the time to write a new blog post. And so far, I've been just too busy at work to even think about it during the mornings. So, I am starting this on Sunday to be sure I have something ready to share. How do I like my new job? As you might hope, I am really liking it. You may remember that I took this position knowing that it was only funded through the end of December. I am getting a little nervous, although my manager said he is working on 2017 funding for all positions including mine. So, a little nervous but not too much...yet. Worst case, I go back to my contracting company and let them find me another new, exciting job. He did good on this one, right?

If I do have to leave this job, maybe they will get me a goodbye cake? I hope it is better than this one (actually, this is pretty clever).



















Sunday's Stupidest Things calendar entry was fun. I included their clever opening commentary on the calendar entry because it added to the fun:
SUNDAY, DECEMBER 4, 2016
FROM THE 365 STUPIDEST THINGS EVER SAID 2016 PAGE-A-DAY CALENDAR »

ON “THEY PUT DOWN THEIR BRIEFCASES AND JUMPED HIM”

COLORADO MAN ATTACKED BY THREE COYOTES WALKING TO WORK
headline, AOL Entertainment (thanks to Bill Heard)

Do you have anyone in your family (maybe a great aunt or something?) who wears ugly Christmas sweaters? If so, I still imagine they cannot easily beat this one.



















What do you think of the new chip cards instead of using magnetic strips on your debit cards? Have you noticed that it takes longer to complete the transaction now? Plus, it also means that we cannot use the debit card in credit mode because you are forced to enter your PIN (at least, I see that at our grocery store).

I saw this headline online, but did not follow the link. Would you have?
















Check out this photo of a bridge in the Dennis Weaver Memorial Park in Ridgway, CO. Sure, it is just a normal bridge over a stream, but it is the first time I flew my drone out of my sight. I walked up onto the bridge and then flew my drone underneath it. hoping that I did not miss anything as I watched the passage only using the camera on the drone. When we watched the footage later, I had not told anyone I did this, so they were all debating whether or not I would fly it under the bridge. It was fun.













MBH shared this video with me and I enjoyed it enough to add it to today's blog. It is clips of the cast of ST:TNG saying the words to the Christmas classic Let It Snow. Well, almost all the words. If you ever watched that series, watch this Youtube video.














Back to my photos, here is a shot from the drone footage as I prepared for the bridge fly-by. You can see me on the bridge making sure I would not lose my drone in the Uncompahgre River.











Well, I need to get ready for our Chorale Christmas concert with the orchestra tonight.

No comments: