Saturday, June 14, 2008

One More Day

That is one of my favorite songs from Les Miserables. However, that is not why I chose it for my title. I was talking about going to work. I finally got the official call today that I am starting work on Monday. They were waiting on my background check to complete and it did late yesterday afternoon. So, I go in at 10am on Monday. I will be a Project Coordinator for IT projects in the HR area. So, once a need is identified, I work with the client area to understand it, schedule it, and then follow up with IT to be sure we build it as promised and within the agreed-upon timeline.

At first, I will be working as a contractor. Then, after three months, they will convert me or let me go. They will convert me. They will want to keep me. However, I am being compared to a former employee that they did not like. He was my age and was a former military dude. He upset everyone from customers to fellow IT. I don't think that will be a problem, but I will be very careful at first.

Tonight we had Kyle's 25th birthday party out at his house. His big present is a Wii. However, they haven't found one in stock yet. They did have a donut cake in stock, though. It was (notice the past tense) a Krispy Kreme cake and I had two many pieces. (Clever use of words there, huh?) You can see that it was Superman themed. They brought in pizza for the meal from a local place that we like. After dinner, Bella went out and played in the water. That is a set of pictures for another time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the job tomorrow. I bet you are excited to finally be back in the work force again.

Craig Weeks said...

Well, this one is full of good things: 1) a predecessor who will make you look good, 2) Krispy Kreme and 3) Wii. Connie stumbled across a Wii at Target while looking for a TV (I'll stop short of calling that a God thing) and, so, the family (I chose my words carefully) got a Wii for Father's Day. Now I have a legitimate reason to trash talk my kids ... and vice versa.