Sunday, June 08, 2008

No Date, Can't Wait, Heavyweight, Home Late, God's Great

NO DATE
One says June 16, but another says that is unrealistic. Oh wait. I didn't tell you what I am talking about. I GOT A JOB! Yup.

CAN'T WAIT
So, even though I don't know when I start, I am more than ready to get going. There is still a question on whether or not I can get off for our Ouray vacation mid-July. By the way, it is as an IT Project Manager at University of Phoenix.

HEAVYWEIGHT
I am getting my new Father's Day camera. Does that mean that my pictures will be any better? Oh ha ha. I know you are all saying, "Were they EVER any good in the first place?" We'll see who has the last laugh. In fact, we'll even see who has the first laugh because it is not me.

HOME LATE
No photos of the girls this weekend. They took a quick trip to Disneyland and won't be home until sometime tonight. Kyle did call and say that Bella really liked the rebuilt carousel, but kept looking at the crowd of people standing around the outside looking at the riders. They asked her what she was looking for and she asked where Pops was standing taking pictures. Aww.

GOD's GREAT
Circumstances change. Gas prices are out of control. It's too crazy to pay over $70 to fill our little Jeep. I went one year without a full-time job. But Praise the Lord, God never changes.

"Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us...." The Pastor noted this morning that God can do more than we can even ask for or even think about. I don't know about you, but I can think of a lot. Still, God can do more. There has been some reason that He has taken me through this past year, and I may never know, but He has led me to this point in my life and this job.

BTW, last week's sermon was good, too. In it, the Pastor read from John 17:20 (NLT). "I am praying not only for these disciples but also for all who will ever believe in me through their message." His point here was that Jesus was talking about each of us when He said He was praying "... for all who will EVER believe...."

5 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Whoo-hoo! Double whoo-hoo! The longest I was ever out of work was 13 weeks. I don't pretend to know what you've been through but I'm thrilled for you. Hey, I even prayed a little along the way as the Lord brought you to mind.

Hopefully your next post will provide more opportunity for me to return to my snarky ways.

I would whine about the heat here in central Texas ... but I'm afraid this crowd is in no mood to be sympathetic, empathetic or peripatetic.

Mommakeller said...

Congrats, Randy!!!! I'm so very happy for you.

I'll whine about the heat here in Texas! It sucks. Here in Dripping Springs this is day 23 or 24 of 99-101F...feels more like AZ than TX and we've had only 2 inches of rain since January here at the house.

Mommakeller said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

So glad to hear you have a job!!!!

Auntie Eisel said...

Dude! That's awesome! All that prayin' finally paid off, huh? Congrats!!