Sunday, January 13, 2008

Rock N Roll!!!!

Well, Rock N Roll Marathon, anyway. We knew one running the full marathon and two running the half marathon. Congrats to all!


Here are Lindsay's numbers. I am sure she will share more details with you. Still, keeping a pace of 12 min per mile for 26 miles is well beyond my limits. We are all proud of her. In fact, we went and checked her out to be sure she was really running.


Here she is at about 15 miles. As you can see, she paused slightly to show me the Dallas Cowboys sticker on her left cheek. That's a die-hard fan. She told me that she should have checked to see if it was permanent before she applied it. OK, not really.

Here you can see the rest of her cheering committee. Almost all. Carey tried to cover Mom with her sign. Dad and I were taking photos.


Last night, she gave me a taste of the runner's goo she takes at several points during the race. This was strawberry-banana flavored. It certainly has a weird consistency. I told her that I tasted about 4 miles worth. Whew! It was different. That alone might be enough to keep me from running.

Congrats to DeeAnn Russell from Kathie's school on her half marathon time of 2:08 for a pace of 9.48 minutes per mile.

No comments: