Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm Not Sure I Can

We had an East Valley Chorale concert tonight. It went really well and the audience at the RV park seemed to enjoy it. One of the songs is Whatever It Takes by Lanny Wolfe. It is a nice song and has good parts. However, the second verse really speaks to me and is unfortunately convicting every time we sing it.

Take my houses and lands,
Change my dreams and my plans;
For I'm placing my whole life in Your hands.
And if you call me some day to a land far away,
Lord, I'll go and Your will obey.
For whatever it takes to draw closer to You , Lord,
That's what I'll be willing to do.
For whatever it takes to be more like You,
That's what I'll be willing to do.
I'll' trade sunshine for rain, and comfort for pain.
That's what I'll be willing to do.
Lord, whatever it takes for my will to break,
That's what I'll be willing to do.


Sure, I know I should want to do all that. Of course, I want His will. I should want to want to do it.
I believe. Lord, help thou my unbelief.

1 comment:

Craig Weeks said...

Who among us is not always struggling with one area or another where we aren't really all that excited about just completely letting go of the reins? It's different for each of us ... but the same.