Tuesday, January 29, 2008

It Snuck Up On Me, But It Stayed Down

Whew! On Saturday, I remembered that I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday. They had given me a card, but that was three months ago. So, it snuck up on me. Before then, I needed to have a blood test done to be sure I remained cancer-free. So, we got that done and still made it to breakfast on time.

Today, I got the good news that my PSA was less than 0.01, which means no cancer. So, it stayed low. Great news!

Did I tell y'all that I am taking a Java class at Mesa Community College? I am enjoying it, as well as knowing the freedom of having a direction I am pursuing for the future. I have already finished my homework for this week and turned it in. While I continue to look for a full-time job, I will now begin substitute teaching to bring in some money.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind is on behind me as I type this. That's still a great movie to me.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Please have a report on my desk Monday morning, complete with functioning examples, of the use and abuse of the synchronized keyword. Thou shalt not Google. I have ways of finding out.

Lindsay Ward said...

I am so glad to hear that your PSA is still low!! How often do you have to get it checked? Regarding your Java class, maybe Keri could help out since she has so much experience serving coffee?? But seriously, it always makes me feel so good to have a plan.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, found you under "java class at mesa" on google and I was wondering how the class is.

I'm considering taking the class and I'm proficient at html, css and javascript and am wondering if that's going to help me with my career and web development projects.

bjoven@jovenmedia.com