Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Fishing

John 21 tells the story about when Peter and the disciples went out and fished all night. Of course, you remember that they caught nothing. Jesus called out to them the next morning and suggested they try the right side of the boat. They did and could not even haul them in because there were so many.

Yeah, so what? Well, this scripture came to me last night as I prayed about my frustration at not finding a job yet. Maybe I've been looking through my own eyes and needs and not through His. He know what is best for us. We just need to listen. At first, Peter and the disciples argued with Him. Ultimately, they did as He asked. I want to knwo that I am doing what He asks. Keep this search in your prayers.

3 comments:

Craig Weeks said...

Hey, maybe you could get Asok's job when he gets tired of it.

I thought you could use a little job humor about now. Looking for a job is way harder than having a job.

CrazyUncle said...

You know, I read Dilbert and wonder how a cartoonist can continue to be so creative. Having been an office worker my whole professional life, I find it much funnier than my teacher wife does. Anyway, I might could make it in that office ;)

Craig Weeks said...

I find it much funnier than my teacher wife does
Yeah, that's often the case with my nurse wife (who is now an admin asst. in the high school office at our little (~500) Christian school). Scott's competitive advantage comes from the fact that he has a steady stream of real-world foolishness being supplied by his readers.