Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Apologies to Paul Anka and Frank Sinatra

And now, the end is near;
And so I face the final landing.
My friend, I'll say it clear,
I need a job, of that I’m certain.

I've worked a year that's full.
I've traveled many of our flight paths;
And more, much more than this,
I did it standby.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
When we got stuck, when no plane flew.
But through it all, when there was doubt,
I asked the agent to get us out.
I faced it all and I stood tall;
And did it standby.

I will be leaving US Airways around the end of June. I have applied for a job in HR in hopes of staying here, but I see it as a long shot. After all, I have little direct HR experience.

Am I worried? I suppose a little. It seems so easy to claim the promise of Philippians 4, but so hard to practice it. "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus"

3 comments:

X's and O's said...

Leaving? Why are you leaving? I think I've missed something. If I were a detective I would say that a key piece of evidence has been lost on this case.

Anonymous said...

I am very impressed with the song lyrics, have you considered joining the ranks of Weird Al? I don't know how it pays, but you never seem to run out of wit! We'll be praying for you!

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

We'll be praying for your search.