Monday, July 03, 2006

Superman Returned

Superman returned to the movie screens this past week. We decided to take a chance that we could see it on Saturday morning. We could, so we did. In fact, the theater was less than half full (or was it half empty?).

It was good. There were only a few blantantly obvious digital effects. And it wasn't too chick-flick-ish. For me, however, Lex Luthor was the scene stealer. Spacey is a better bad guy that Gene Hackman was in the original. Maybe not quite as funny, but more cerebral.

I'm ready for Pirates next weekend, but we may have to wait a week if we are in TX. And we still have Prada to see, also. And the next weekend is Lady in the Water, the new Shyamalan film. Miami Vice opens the following weekend. And then Talladega Nights.

How do I know all these things? Well, I am not as smart as Lex Luthor, so I looked in up on www.comingsoon.net.

4 comments:

The Grandparents said...

Hey, Randy. We are going to wait until Caleb and Lauri are here to go see Pirates, but hadn't decided whether to see Superman or not, so thanks for the review. Looking forward to spending the 4th of July with our local family!! Keep up the good blogging...you are about the most consistent one of our WBI! Hope those extra letters don't show up on any more comments! Sorry about that...it never happened before. COG

Brenda Walker said...

wow, that's alot of moving going. I think the last time we went to the movies was at least 3 years ago. We go the cheap route and wait until it comes out on DVD and when our friends invite us over to see it.

Katie80 said...

I saw Prada on Saturday. It was alright. Pretty Chick-flick-ish if ya ask me. But you didn't. However, not asking me does not make it any less chick-flick-ish. You just wouldn't know. Except that I told you anyway. But you probably already knew that.
I want to see pirates. I love Johnny Depp.

Auntie Eisel said...

Ooooh, so we get to see Pirates when we go to Phoenix eh? I'm excited! That is an awful lot of movie going. Wouldn't you rather experience Star Trek? :)