Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In Memoriam

It is the sixth anniversary of the World Trade Building terrorist attacks. It is good that the country remembers.

However, our family now has a personal loss on this day. Kathie's mother passed into God's Hands earlier today. We had known it was coming soon, but the sense of despair is not one you can get ready for. I love her as my own family, which of course, she is. She told her caretaker "Tell my kids I'll see them on the other side." Praise God for that. She is no longer in pain.

Kyle, Lyndsay, Alison and Kathie are going to Corsicana for the funeral. Unfortunately, there is no way I can travel right now. Getting from the front of the house to the back is hard enough.

Praise the Lord for your home-going, Grandma. I love you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will keep you and your family in prayer. Thank the Lord for her confirmation of faith even in her last moments!

Lindsay Ward said...

We are praying for your quick and complete recovery and for comfort for your family in this time of loss.