Sunday, February 25, 2007


Well, we did go the the Scottish Games yesterday at the local community college campus. The forecast called for only 66, so it was a little too cool in the shade and a little too warm and sunny in the sun. Here is a photo of a dude that reminded me of the famous scene by Marilyn Monroe in Seven Year Itch. What do you think? Can you see it?





Here is the most dangerous sport of the day. You can see that this girl is all concentration. You would be, too, if someone threw a giant stick at your head and you had to catch it. I think she can do it, but I do not have photographic evidence either way.





Here is my vision for Isabella in a few years. Actually, the complicated tongue maneuver is worth extra points, so I think she must have scored well on this.






Let's end with Bella watching the guitarist for NeedFire playing just for her. She is not sure she likes it, but the rest of us had fun. Still, I wish the groups played a little more of the Scottish-Irish-influenced music than just adding bagpipes to rock. Ah well.

5 comments:

Caleb said...

That's very interesting. Why do y'all go to the Scottish games? Is there a large Scottish minority in Phoenix that I just didn't know about?

Caleb said...

I just read your previous post that I missed. If there are Mini Coopers, then it's cool.

Auntie Eisel said...

You're kinda crazy Crazyuncle!!

Jay said...

I just read your post about Sonic. Made me hungry. Do y'all have Whataburger in Arizona? I mean Sonic is good and all, but nothing beats a Whataburger with cheese, whatasized french fries and a large Dr. Pepper. But anyway. Sweet Scottish people. I'm not Scottish or english, well I speak English, sort of. I'm rambling, that's bad grammar, or just bad writing skills. Later.

Craig Weeks said...

I wish the groups played a little more of the Scottish-Irish-influenced music than just adding bagpipes to rock.

Danny Howe and I (you remember Danny Howe, right?) were driving between campus and Sid Rich one day (have you seen Sid Rich ... SAD SAD SAD!) listening to one of those Texas Country Reporter type radio programs. They were doing a story on a guy who said the only thing that could be worse than bagpipes is electric bagpipes. He said his enemies would probably try to get the last word by playing bagpipes at his funeral. Some things just stick with you.