Saturday, September 23, 2006

Elementary, My Dear Watson

Well, I don't know what Watson would have thought, but two classrooms were vandalized at Kathie's school. One of them was hers. We got a call at 9:30 or so saying we needed to come to the school. The rooms are ugly and vulgar, but it could have been much worse. There was a mess of us amateur CSI-types there waiting on the police, so I took my photos and reviewed the crime scene. Here are a couple of them.

I will not be posting those with crude remarks about students (as if swatikas weren't bad enough)





The police arrived at around 11. It certainly makes the teachers a little more leery of working off-hours. In my estimation, based on the way the shaving creme was drying, it occurred around 5am today. Some teachers got there at 5:45am for a sports field event, so I think the vandals were interrupted or it could have been much worse. I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express in the past. And I do watch all 3 CSI shows each week.

Luckily, no destructive vandalism was involved, so it will mostly be a cleanup effort. We are glad that the cleaning team found it today instead of Monday morning when nothing could have been done before students arrived.

5 comments:

Alison said...

That is so awful. I am glad it could all be cleaned up though.

Auntie Eisel said...

Wow, that is a bummer. I'm glad things are okay though.

Caleb said...

Holy Moly! That's terrible. Good thing you watch CSI.

Katie80 said...

Fingerprinting could be futile, but I wonder if a handwriting analysis could be done on the MJ statement?

Brenda Walker said...

You should have called me, I watch criminal minds and have become quite the criminal profiling expert. I would say you are looking for some punk kids who want attention! You should probably let the police know that a criminal profiler to you this!