Wednesday, October 19, 2005

"Flights" of Fancy

Now, I don't know if anything can come from this, but at least I had an interview yesterday. With US Airways. Well, let me start at the beginning. They had an IT Job Fair at the corporate headquarters here in Tempe. So, I went (along with 200+ of my close buddies) and waited in line to give them my resume. I went looking to be a project manager, but while in line, I heard that programmers were being called in. So, I saw the head of IT for company (whom I knew from our MOT days) and asked about that. He said, OK, let's change your focus and come with me. Cool! So, I had my first meeting and he said, let's give your info to Human Resources. HR said, can you stay and have an interview right now. Duh! So, I went into the facility for an interview. It went OK, considering it's ben over 15 years since I was a full0time programmer. After that, he mentioned that the person standing by the exit *also* used to be at MOT. Well, I remembered his name, and luckily, he remembered mine. He had come to GDL while I was there. So, if personal connections counts at all, I might have a shot. Free flights might make up for a little lower salary. Still, and over everything, I want to know that I am where God wants me. Denise, thanks for the supportive scriptures. Thanks to everyone for continued prayers as God teaches me His lessons for my life.

2 comments:

Mimi and Poppy said...

That sounds very encouraging. So does your tone. It is encouraging to us to watch your faith in all of this. We love you and continue to pray always.

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

That sounds very positive, Uncle Randy. We will be praying for you as you pursue this option!