Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Pre-Thanksgiving Post

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. We'll be over at the folks for turkey and stuff. Well, hopefully we'll be there. Kathie was sick last night and still is not feeling great.

Did I tell you I spent most of the day yesterday at the park? Yup. We had an IT Picnic at Kiwanis Park in Tempe. Activities included Risk in Middle Earth, chess, checkers, kickball, cricket, badminton, horseshoes, poker, ping pong, hacky sack, frisbee, Guitar Hero, Rock Band, Madden Football, Halo. Quite the spectrum of fun, eh? Oh, I forgot to mention one game. It involves thumbs and war. More later, I'll tell the crew tomorrow and then blog it.

Finally took some time to play in Photoshop tonight. Here is an abandoned cabin near Telluride. I think it is on the road to Alta Lakes. The sky is a little blown out. Sure, I could replace it, but I was playing with the details on the mountains and the cabin.

Let's take a trip in the wayback machine. Here is a glimpse of decorating our tree back in 1986. This is the traditional weekend for doing that, but it is a bit less fun with no kids. We'll need to figure a way to involve Bella and then Kendall.

4 comments:

Zachary said...

Nice pictures! Did you play any hacky sack?

CrazyUncle said...

I kicked it once, then the real players showed me what they can do and I started just watching. How about you?

Caleb said...

Lord of the Rings Risk is amazing!!! Did anyone actually play an entire game?

Anonymous said...

Since you thanked Zachary for commenting I thought I would pop by and say Hi! Hope you had a great Thanksgiving with the family