Monday, March 24, 2008

Well, It Was Different

We again visited the church where we saw Avalon a few weeks ago. The music was a little rock-y for me, but I do like the preacher. Still, this was not a traditional Easter sermon by any means. It was entitled "Jesus' Bucket List."

He did base all the items on Jesus' list on scripture, but it was not Easter oriented. Let me see if I can remember the points: Turn servants into friends (John 15:15), Seek and save (Luke 19:10), Take the least and last and lost and transform them into champions, and Overcome (1 John 5:4). I enjoyed it more than Kathie did, but I am sure we will visit at least once more. Alison visited a different church.

2 comments:

Lindsay Ward said...

I didn't think our sermon was a traditional Easter sermon either. It was from Ephesians...but it did talk about being dead in our trangressions and being saved through faith. But we didn't sing alot the normal easter hymns that I was looking forward to.

Zachary said...

One of my favorite pastors is headed your way as I type. You should check him out while he's there! I hear he broke his leg in a nasty motorcycle accident not too long ago. He must be one of those "Bad" preachers!