Thursday, December 21, 2006

He's Baaaaaaaack

Season's Greeting and Merry Christmas to all. It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, at least in Denver, Chicago, and Pahrump. It feels like a desert Christmas here since we are down to like 60 during the day. Whew! Where is my jacket?


Since we last talked, Kyle finished college and joined the full-time working ranks. Now, he sells glasses and since his major was History, he can tell them about the first glasses, Ben Franklin's glasses, John Lennon's glasses, etc. I guess as long as it helps him sell, huh?





What else? The multi-church Chorale that the folks and I sing in performed our last concert of 2006 with a small orchestra. It was nice, if I do say so myself. Kathie agrees. She attended.

I have begun to read some of your blogs. Sorry for my extended absence. I can offer no excuses other than I just did not take the time. I read no blogs, did not update mine, did not even read email at home. I guess I had an IZ reaction. You know, an Inverse-Zachary reaction where I leaned away from technology instead of toward it.


Here's our house duded up for the holidays.


And our 2006 tree...with 2000 lights. And by that, I mean the number of lights, not when they were purchased. By 2006, I mean the year, not the cost. And by ..., I mean to emphasize the large quantity of lights, comprised of 1000 white and 1000 lights in color.


And Kyle and Lyndsay's tree...with much fewer lights. And by much fewer, I mean something less than 2000

5 comments:

Katie80 said...

Good to have you back...I was beginning to get worried! :)
I don't think I'd want to work a job with your hours. It feels like a lot of work to me just doing 3-4 hours of overtime.
The house looks cute! I'm seeing more and more of those icicle lights and I wish we would've gotten some. Maybe next year.
Merry Christmas!

Brenda Walker said...

Hey, there you are. I thought maybe by the time you came back we would have a new baby. But you are going to have to wait 10 more weeks to see her pictures up here on the WBI.

Brenda Walker said...

I am Z! I missed your corny humor! Hope you will stick around again! Nice lights, we got one of those little fiber optic mini trees this year. While it is somewhat less elegant than your, it does have a lot of fiber optic strands!

Caleb said...

We only have the regular amount of lights this year. I was also worried about your blog and that it might have to be dis continued. I wouldn't have thought of the word duded. I looked it up and the background was very interesting.

Auntie Eisel said...

Yay! You came back! Good to hear from you. Like your tree!