Sunday, August 13, 2006

We Were Trippin'

Another jaunt completed. We went back to the San Jose/Salinas/Monterey area. Their high temperature was still lower than the lowest temp in PHX. We rented a Chevrolet HHR and enjoyed it. It was a fun little car.

We did not get on the first flight Friday night. Luckily, we made the last one (First Class...Yee Haw) and got to San Jose at 11:15. By the time we got to Salinas, went to the store to replace all the things you cannot bring on a plane, and got back to the room, it was 2am. Monterey Aquarium was the order of the day. It was really cool. We loved the sea otters. Dinner was there in Cannery Row. Then, a drive down the coast a bit towards a lighthouse and near 17-mile Drive.

Oh wait. I almost forgot seeing Forrest Gump at Bubba Gump's. He talked a bit to my beloved and congratulated us on our anniversary. He looked A LOT like Tom Hanks. He said things like "When you married him, I bet he was a young man, and now, he's an old codger, huh?" "I'm sure you have stayed married because Randy learned to keep his mouth shut and his wallet open." "You spell Kathie with a K or a C? My Momma told me that Kathies with a K are smarter."

Today, we ended up sleeping in until almost 9am. No wonder, since I got up at 4am to check us in. And in order not to miss our flight, we didn't do any sightseeing.

The big stinkeroo about the weekend was my camera, or rather my lack of camera. I forgot it. So, I bought a little disposable, but I couldn't adjust distance or time exposure on it. I think we need to go back at least one more time.


Plus, we need to eat at Isabella's in Fisherman's Wharf.








And then, maybe, Fresno and Yosemite.

3 comments:

Caleb said...

Sounds like fun. We didn't see Forrest when we went though. Oh well. With you, I can't really tell if you made up the Isabella's italian seafood sign or if you actually saw it.

Brenda Walker said...

That sounds like an awesome time, I went to the coast two weekends ago with Brenda. We drove! We did have a nice time in that cool weather though!

Lindsay Ward said...

I want to go to Isabella's! It sounds tasty.