Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Silent Night (No, Not That One)

As I write this on Monday night, I just realized that, with no GRANDS here tonight, it is really quiet. So, I called the post 'Silent Night'. I am sooo clever.

To create today's CoV, I had to do some research into President Obama's campaign promises. I did not care whether he kept them or not. I just wanted the promises in the strip to sound like real campaign (or health care) promises.













It is supposed to reach 84F tomorrow. That makes me dream of cooler weather.























Here is what I just found out that happened on this day in history. The USA got its first black congressman. And it was from Mississippi. And it was in the 70s. The 1870s. "On Feb. 25, 1870, Hiram R. Revels, Republican of Mississippi, became the first black member of the United States Senate as he was sworn in to serve out the unexpired term of Jefferson Davis." Curious indeed.

Have you ever heard of Gravity Glue? Have you wondered what type of person creates those little stacks of rocks you sometimes see while on vacation? Watch this video for a little hint.

If you know my family, you know they are nuts for Disney and Disneyland. We have not made it down to Disney World (well, maybe one of us has been there), but did you see that they have raised their prices? I imagine that Disneyland will, too. Isn't there a limit to how much fun can cost?

Oh, I was fixing to sign off, but there is something I forgot to mention. I paid our cable bill last night, and almost choked on how expensive it is now. They raised their rates (do they hire ex-Disney employees or something), just a little bit on each part, but the total went up over $20 per month to over $300. Yeah, I need to talk to the family and see how we can cut that back down. It may be time to look at DirecTV or something. I may also give up our landline phone. I know. I am surprised at myself, too. I did see stories about dropping cable here and here.

OK, Tuesday is already started and I am behind. See ya.

No comments: