Sunday, February 15, 2009

Open Letter to ZKW

Zachary, I have known you for your whole life. In fact, you may not have heard one story about your parents trying to name you. They had decided to use a biblical name and were working on choosing the right one. Of course, names like Nebuchadnezzar and the like just did not seem right. Then they decided to use the name of a book in the Bible. The last one I remember before they chose Zachary was Songo Solomon Walker.

Anyway, I watched you grow from an infant through young adulthood. I saw you as a crazy kid who would try anything, who decided to climb to the top of Cascade Falls in Ouray. I see you now as a parent learning the joys and trials of a little girl. We've kept up with you through schooling, through becoming a Christian, through deciding to become a motorcycler. We've prayed for you in all those times, and all the time. Perhaps not as diligently as Paul and Timothy, but more than Pontius Pilate.

Now, you are making a major life change and joining the armed services. I know that you and Brenda have prayed the heck out of this decision. I think it is a brave choice. I certainly hope your Navy Rating is one that gives both personal and professional satisfaction. I notice they have one for musician, and one for dental technician. Just suggestions.

We love you and your family and pray God's guidance and blessing on you wherever you are placed. Tell Brenda to keep us updated through Blogspot and/or Facebook.

Love, Uncle Randy and Aunt Kathie

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, for the prayers.I will keep you updated through my blog and facebook since we all know you can't count on Zachary for that.

Zachary said...

Thanks Uncle Randy, we desperately need your prayers and are thankful to have such a wonderful, caring family! We love y'all!

Lindsay Ward said...

Very nice letter...well put.