Sunday, January 14, 2007

Football Trivia for the Playoffs

The football huddle was invented at Gallaudet University in 1894 when team captain Paul Hubbard worried that other teams were stealing his hand signals.

Did you know that the players are assigned certain numbers to represent their positions.
* 1 to 19 for quarterbacks and kickers
* 20 to 49 for running backs and defensive backs
* 50 to 59 for centers and linebackers
* 60 to 79 for linemen
* 80 to 89 for wide receivers and tight ends
* Centers may also be assigned numbers up to 79 and defensive linemen and linebackers, 90 to 99
* Defensive players can have any number.

3 comments:

Katie80 said...

I did not know any of that. I feel so enlightened. I doubt I will ever use this new information, but it was good of you to share it anyway.

Caleb said...

That's extremely intriguing.

Auntie Eisel said...

Uuuuuhhhhhhh....... yeah. I must confess, I didn't really even bother to read all that, but thanks anyway! :) hahahaha