Thursday, June 16, 2005

How it started

I was walked out of ON Semiconductor at 9:30am on 16 Jun after almost 22 years with Motorola and ON. Not only that, but it was a surprise. And then. AND THEN, on the drive home, a truck in front of me kicked up a stone and put a crack in my windshield.

Yup, the head of IT called me in and asked how things were going. So, I told him about Kyle's wedding coming up in 2 days. Then, Human Resources came in and I suspected things were not going my way. I had wondered why he wouldn't listen to my suggestions on my annual appraisal the previous month.

Am I hurt? Of course. Am I crushed? No. I need to look to the Lord for guidance and support. I should rephrase that. I WILL look to the Lord. Luckily, Kathie is there to comfort and support me when I forget who is really in charge.

No comments: